WELL, AT LEAST I’LL STAY BUSY
The Luscious One leaves for Femmecon this afternoon, taking Connor with her for the trip. It’s the first time we’ve been apart since my trip to Sydney a few years back, and the first night we’ve spent apart since our wedding. I know she’s going to have a great time, but there’s a part of me that doesn’t want her to go (or more accurately, doesn’t want her to leave me behind) . Erin and I will be all alone in our big, empty, echoing house, just the two of us, wandering the hallways of the Batthome calling out plaintively in little voices……
Or I could:
- Finish the first draft of Dr Who: The Time Eater
- Finish the first draft of The Metawhore’s Love Story, my story for Dirk Flinthart’s Canterbury 2100 anthology
- Start work on Lethologica, my second novel
- Input the line edits on Rabbit, Searching For Little Deaths, and Manuscript Found Upon The Body of a Hanged Soldier
- Email comments to Stephen Dedman and Heather Gammage on stories I’ve read for them recently
- Finish the first drafts of Mr Snopes and In From The Snow
- Do the rewrites on Amygdala, My Love and Loving Monsters and find homes to send them to
- Take Erin to see Curious George at the cinema (after all, no sense both parents suffering…)
- Pick the winners of the Ticonderoga Online Through Soft Air competition
- Email Lyn’s editorial to TicOn for the September issue (If you’re a Luscious fan you might want to read it: important news)
- Finish digging out the new garden bed in the front garden
- Weed the front lawn
- Keep working on the new rock garden I’m building next to the patio
- Dig in one of the three soakwells the back yard needs
- Create a flickr account and link it to The Batthome website as an easy alternative to trying to work out the Gallery function on the site builder
- Try to work out how the hell to alter the html on the website that pals have recommended I use
- Clean out my Inbox and reply to all those emails that are still sitting there (currently about 600, I kid thee not)
- Laminate the pile of kid art sitting on my desk and put it up on the walls
- Create flyers for Lyn’s massage business and print a load out for her perusal
- And, you know, the usual washing, sweeping, cleaning, folding, etc etc and so forth.
Or I could just wait until Erin goes to bed and watch porn.
It’s all up in the air, really… 🙂
A funky advert, courtesy of YouTube. Somewhere an advertising executive had an original idea.
S/he’s probably dead now.
Song of the Moment: I’m The Urban Spaceman The Bonzo the Dog Doo Dah Band
Read of the Moment: If I Don’t Write It, Nobody Else Will Eric Sykes, and Haunted Chuck Palahniuk