THE TEN MONTH YEAR
For reasons of oddness, we proclaimed 2006 as a 15 month year: we started on the 1st october 2005, and finished yesterday. In a week’s time, Lyn flies out to Clarion South, and doesn’t return until the end of February.
So 2007, for the Triffbats, is hereby the Ten Month year. All our plans start on the 1st of March.
I’m not setting any resolutions this year. But I do have some goals, and, you know, they’re vague enough that I’ll find a way to paint them as a success come next January, if I have to 🙂
- I exhibited genuine growth as a writer during 2006. I want to make the jump, this year, from a mainly Australian sales record to selling mainly in the US and Europe. I want to continue to grow: creatively, artistically, and commercially.
- I want to sell my first novel, and complete my second.
- I want to write a short, mainstream novel.
- I want to finish establishing the gardens around the house, and to eat the first harvest from a vegetable garden
- I want to create a webcomic
- I want to set up a Cafe Press shop and offer at least half a dozen designs for sale
- I want to sign with an agent
- I want to establish enough financial security that I can purchase my first share portfolio
- I want a measurable percentage of my income to come from alternative source to a 9-5 day job
- I want to feel happy at the level to which I have created self-sufficiency and independence from traditional, mainstream methods of living (Ya know: veggie garden, rainwater tank, chicken run, that sort of thang)
- I want to be thinner, weigh less, and be healthier
- I want to establish my online world in one cohesive, homogeneous whole, bringing together my website, blog, LJ, mailing lists, shops, writings and so forth into a single, recognisable, easy to follow ‘brand’
- I want to discover at least half a dozen musical artists I haven’t previously heard
That’ll do for starters