Only a couple of days left to get your entries in for the Katharine Susannah Prichard SF/F Competition. Check out the details one final time:
The Katharine Susannah Prichard Speculative Fiction Awards 2008
Closing date: 5pm Friday May 30, 2008
Words: Minimum 1500, maximum 3500.
All forms of Speculative Fiction welcome.
2 Sections: OPEN and the Shire of Mundaring National Young Writers Awards (20 years and under)
Open: First $200, Second $50
Young Writers Awards: First $75, Second $25
Highly Commended and Commended Certificates will also be awarded.
Awards announced and presented at KSP Writers’ Centre, Sun August 17, 2008.
No entry form required
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Entry fees: Open – $7.50 per story, to be paid by cheque or money order only. Young Writers Awards – no entry fee
2. Work to be original, unpublished, not received an award in another competition and not under consideration elsewhere from the time of entry in these awards until the official announcement of winners.
3. Limit of three stories per author. Individual stories cannot be entered in more than one section
4. Entries to be typewritten, double-spaced on one side only of A4 white paper, with pages numbered, a wide left-hand margin, and story title on each page. A good photocopy is acceptable. Post in an A4 size envelope.
5. To ensure anonymity NO WRITERS’ NAMES TO APPEAR ON MANUSCRIPT (MS). Please attach a COVER SHEET with name of story, word count, section entered, and age if Young Writer
6. On a SEPARATE SHEET please attach form below
7. MSs will only be returned if adequately stamped self-addressed envelope (SSAE) of sufficient size is included. Other manuscripts will be destroyed after the competition, so keep a copy of your work.
8. Include a business-sized SSAE if you would like only a results sheet
9. Award winners will be notified by phone or mail prior to announcement, when those able to attend will be invited to read excerpts from their stories
10. Members of the KSP Foundation Management Committee are not allowed to enter
11. The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into
12. The KSP Foundation Inc. reserves the right to publish the winning entry or entries in a publication related to KSP should the opportunity occur, in consultation with the author
Send entries to:
KSP Speculative Fiction Awards
11 Old York Road
Entries which do not reflect the stated conditions, or are postmarked later than 5pm May 30, may be disqualified without notice and the fee/s forfeited.