There’s a meme wandering around Facebook, and seeing I did it there, I may as well do it here too coz, frankly, I really never get tired of revealing stuff about myself. So:
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you. (Of course, I’m not going to tag anybody, but you should. You definitely should)
1. I can raise both eyebrows independently
2. I can form my bottom lip into the shape of two upward-pointing tusks, Gamorrhean Guard style, by biting down on the middle portion and pushing the rest up.
3. I spent three years in the early 90s working as a stand-up comedian. Badly.
4. I once smacked Billy Bob Thornton in the face with a cafe door.
5. I was once taken into police custody whilst wearing an eight-foot high pink rabbit suit and carrying a three foot long double-ended dildo along a public thoroughfare.
6. The second and third toes on both my feet are webbed.
7. I have an extra earlobe.
8. I once at 2 kilograms of jelly beans in one sitting. Since that day, I can’t bear the smell or taste of them.
9. I really only became serious about writing after deciding I would never be good enough to make a living as a cartoonist. I still wish I was better.
10. I completed one semester of a graphic design diploma, during which time I met my first wife, and decided I’d rather spend the time with her.
11. I love fish but hate seafood.
12. I am estranged from my only sibling because of the way he treats his children and ex-wife.
13. I have climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
14. I met my beautiful wife Lyn at a science fiction convention. I married her at one, too.
15. I am, and have been since I was a child, a full-blooded atheist. I genuinely cannot understand how anyone can believe in something as silly and superstitious as a giant, remote deity that brings everything into existence and then sets down rules by which any individual has to run their lives. I am also married to one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. So there’s *one* interesting conversation we can have 🙂
16. I receive regular chiropractic adjustment to treat a 17 degree kink in my spine between my shoulder blades, which I suffered in a car crash in 2001. After my first adjustment I regained 1 1/2 centimetres in height.
17. I have arm-wrestled Sean Astin, and lost 3-0.
18. I am a keen follower of Nottingham Forest football club and am listed as a ‘notable supporter’: http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Nottingham-Forest-FC#Notable_supporters
19. My ambition is to make a living from my writing, in order that I can spend more time with my wife and kids, and work on developing myself as a visual artist– I want to achieve success in multiple artistic disciplines, a la David Bowie or Spike Milligan. I’m desperate to do this before I turn 45. That gives me seven years.
20. I have visited 5 of Australia’s states (including the one in which I live), and have driven other people’s cars in 4 of them.
21. I am a big fan of Boris Karloff, and have passed this down to my oldest son. I even made him a Karloff tee-shirt to wear to a con once. What’s more, he wore it! I have also managed to inflict both my teenage boys with my deep love of pre-WWII horror movies.
22. As a child, I had several teeth removed because my mouth was too small. That is the only time I have had that accusation levelled at me.
23. I have shot one kangaroo; caught two fish; hugged one tiger; kissed one boa constrictor; eaten two grasshoppers; and ridden three elephants, four camels, two horses, and a donkey. Which was pregnant.
24. My favourite flavoured milk is Brownes Egg Nog Chill. My favourite ice cream is Memphis Meltdown Gooey Raspberry. I am having one of each this afternoon in an attempt to flavour my way through the ridiculous heat of the day.
25. I can confidently lay claim to being the 2nd most northerly-living speculative fiction writer in the Perth metropolitan area, and I’m only 2nd because my beautiful wife writes speculative fiction and sleeps on the north side of the bed.