- Reads a magazine article wherein a bloke does 100 push-ups a day to improve his physique, build core resistance, and lose stomach fat.
- Thinks, “Hey! I need all those things. I can’t do 100, but I can do five. If I do five lots of five a day, that’s 25. I can get used to that, and build from there. Magic!”
- Works out that starting at 6am, three hours apart, can fit five sets in and finish at 6pm.
Today. First attempt.
- 6am: I can do five push ups!
- 9am: I can do fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive push uuuuuuupppppsssss…..
- 12pm: I can do fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiucking hell!
If I just lie here counting carpet threads, I’ll be right where I need to be come 3pm……