- We’ve seen another house, so back to bloomin’ Mandurah again today!
- Have put an offer on a house and had it accepted. All that remains is to start shitting ourselves while waiting for bank approval.
- Have chosen my AHWA mentees. Let the senseless torture of innocent aspiring writers begin!
- Should be in bed- to work early tomorrow. But I’m too awake, slightly scared by the finances to come. Wish I knew how best to proceed
- A day of shattered tiredness thanks to non-sleepy squirmin’ child. Please let tonight be better.
- @eugiefoster Zombies. Zombies go up like dry tinder.
- Head to the left, galley to the right, weird shit off the port bow.
One of the funninest sites to hop on to the Twitter bandwagon is a little thing called Thaumatrope, that publishes short stories of less than 140 characters in length. I’ve sold them a couple of stories– it’s funny how the possibility of money can turn what used to be random thoughts into a paying story idea– here’s my story they published for Valentine’s Day, for example:
They loved each other, and so gave freely of themselves. For her, his heart, in a velvet-lined box. In return, her face, tied with a bow.
If you have a twitter account, follow them: the likes of Mary Robinette Kowal, Alathea Kontis and Greg van Eekhout have contributed, and it’s a nice feeling to get some fiction in amongst the notices that Bill Bloggs has woken up and is about to go to the toilet.
Anyway, the reason I mention all this is that they’re closed to submissions, and I can’t be bothered waiting until they re-open to loose yesterday’s random idea onto the world. So have 140 words of free Battfiction, on me:
The drowned child returned. In her embrace he found an absolution missing for thirty years. When she returned to the lake, she was not alone
As you were.
- It probably makes me a bad person, but I don’t care that another mag that never replied to subs and was too hard to work with has karked it
- It’s taken far too long, but ‘Corpse-Rat King’ has *finally* moved past 75000 words.
- A good work-ethic at lunch has resulted in the 1st 1500 word day in ages.
- There are times I wish I was so young again, that all my day’s worries could be laid to rest with one snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug
- Yup, zackly. It’ll probably be replaced by a wrestling mag, as was its predecessor
- Crap, it’s morning. Lunch with stepdaughter today, plus editing novel so I can show agent I haven’t just been avoiding her for last 6 months
- There’s a fine but significant, difference between “secret cross-dressing Nazi” and “secret Nazi cross-dresser”
- Number of times my wife will tolerate me answering a “Where did the (thing) go?” question with “Silicone Heaven?”– once.
- Lessons my 4 year old has just learned- don’t blame things on the 7 year old when she’s been at her Nanna’s house since Friday.
- Best way to stop the 4 year old chucking a paddy because he wants to drink the vinegar? Let him 🙂
- “Would you like some more?” ……………………………………………………. (little voice) “No fanks you” :))))
- 2009 has started with my son pooing his bed. As omens go, this is not the *best* one I’ve ever had.
- 2009 goal weight: 90kg, 2009 starting weight: 102.1kg. For those of you who work in pounds and ounces, that translates as “fucking fat”.
- Chest 115cm, Waist 111cm, Right bicep 37cm, Right thigh 63cm. Another measurment in a month or so, see what changes I can make.
- Goddammit, 2009 is too hot.
- So did anyone notice the extra second today? Blew my whole day out of whack…
- Restless, unsatisfied, itching to do something meaningful. Good place to be as an artist right now, but makes me a shit for anything else.
- started a new review tweet because 140 characters is enough to describe whatever I’m watching/reading: twitter.com/review140
- @seanlindsay Technically, the second was actually a second of no-time in between the days. That’s where the Daleks were hiding all along…
- review140 First up, the Big Lebowski, which I watched tonight with Lyn and Aiden
- @seanlindsay I’m always wrong first. It’s only later, when everybody is correct, that I join the herd 🙂
- @Nnedi Bouncing is what Tiggers do best #
- Agh: remember when ‘Snap Crackle Pop’ described your breakfast cereal and not your back?
- Forest 3-2 Norwich, and we’re out of the bottom three for the first time this season. You beautiful Reds!
- So that would be *my* 4yo wandering round the house, snapping bubble wrap and shouting “Who done a popoff?” every time it pops.
- No better way to spend a summer holiday afternoon than down the pool with the kids. All hail the inventor of the water slide!
- What’s the point of sending me all those emails promising me a larger erection when I’m taking anti-inflammatories?
- There is nobody as inconsolable as a 4 year old boy who has lost his new Ben 10 thongs he got for Christmas
- 2009 has started and I’ve already clocked my first gym session of the year, Don’t you all feel bad for waiting until Jan 1st to catch up?
- Also: ouch, my everything hurts.
- @matociquala It’s okay: Russell Davies will be gone very soon, and then Dr Who can go back to being not shit for a while.